November 14, 2017 / Linda Hartong

Maison Rustique

Maison Rustique first caught my eye in 2007.

photomaison

What a charming home set behind its grape stake fence and Carmel Stone arch. So, of course, I walked closer.

Maison Rustique

Yellow roses bloomed over the gate and I was smitten.

Carmel 162501

I loved the huge window and the front dutch door with its arched top.

Carmel 1625011

Tres charming.

This trip, I revisit the cottage.

Still charming.

Maison Rustique

I peek over the side fence and see the path winding through a tiny garden.

I read at one time that this was being rented but could not find that again.

More random photos from Carmel

1. Victoria Soares / Nov 14 2017 12:41 am

I love this home. Your photos are always a delight in my inbox… please do keep them coming!

2. Patricia Harmanci / Nov 14 2017 12:44 am

I would move here in a heartbeat! Thank you for posting.

3. Ana Maria / Nov 14 2017 12:47 am

I love your posts! These storybook homes are so beautiful!

4. Claire M. C. Hammerbeck, Denver, Co. / Nov 14 2017 12:52 am

Always such a treat to see a new posting from you. Lovely. Thank you.

5. Barth / Nov 14 2017 1:30 am

Thank you for the mail – love the cottages and details that you are able to photograph.

6. Laloofah / Nov 14 2017 1:59 am

So beautiful and beguiling, as always! Have any of these lucky Carmel Cottage residents ever seen you gazing wistfully over their garden gate and invited you in for a tour?

7. carmelcottage / Nov 14 2017 2:13 am

Ohhhhh thank you. We have just arrived in Carmel and I am resting on the couch of my friends little studio apartment enjoying your latest post. Oh I will sleep well! Thank you.

8. Katerina / Nov 14 2017 6:20 am

Lovely photos! Looking forward to your next post!

9. jeanette sclar / Nov 14 2017 3:34 pm

Lovely images! You compose like an artist!

10. Rosalie Maiorana / Nov 18 2017 3:05 pm

Love your work, you are a true photographer and a artist of words. Always a joy to see your next post.