Advertisements
December 30, 2017 / Linda Hartong

Las Campanas

Las Campanas translates to The Bells. The wide driveway to the garage lets me see this charmingly accented garden.

Las Campanas

Rabbits seem to rule in this garden. I also have a fondness for stone or topiary rabbits. Rather ironic because I am constantly chasing away the live bunnies that happily chop everything to the ground in the spring.

Bunnies cluster around the front door of Las Campanas.

They push wheelbarrows

and hold baskets.

Las Campanas

Along the side of the window, they peek out of wreaths.

Las Campanas

This gardener also loves tucking small ornaments into the garden such as this small birdhouse

and this plaque.

Las Campanas

I walk up the drive so I can peek at the front garden. Yep more bunnies

West Coast Holliday 193

One crouches at my feet

Las Campanas

Perhaps my favorite resides in this bicycle planter

so colorful

And that wonderful birdhouse anchors the scene.

On the far garden fence is a wind chime made of shells.

Las Campanas

Surely this garden is well loved and cared for.

Advertisements

1. Barbara Miner / Dec 30 2017 10:16 pm

Love this cottage and bunnies! Thank you.

2. Sharon Chapman / Dec 30 2017 10:21 pm

Thanks once again for this charming post. I save them all in my special folder so I can go back and revisit them. Everyone is so charming and delightful.

3. Victoria / Dec 30 2017 10:35 pm

Love seeing you back to blogging my happy place. Sorry we missed you in November. Happy New year Linda something tells me it’s going to be a great one.
    Victoria

4. Joyce / Dec 30 2017 10:36 pm

That is such a charming garden. Thank you for sharing it, and have a blessed 2018.

5. Linda Kerekes / Dec 30 2017 10:49 pm

So charming. I am so glad you are back!

6. Katerina / Dec 31 2017 5:54 am

I love the blue jay on the rabbit’s head! Amazing shot! Thank you for coming back and sharing your lovely posts! Warmest wishes for a bright New Year! Happy New Year!

7. carmelcottage / Dec 31 2017 8:42 am

Ohhh how wonderful. Thank you so much. You have made my New Year’s Eve. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.The one rabbit I love from one of your blogs is black and upright in a begging pose. I have looked for a rabbit like that ever since. I have a few and they appear in our windows at Easter or in areas of the house year round. It is 9.30pm New Years Eve in New Zealand and the fireworks have started already. My partner and I are in shorts and t shirts sweating in humidity having a bbq. It is summer here. We are sitting outside on our Carmel cottage-like porch by candlelight… oh oh I hear spits of rain.

8. Gretta / Dec 31 2017 10:59 pm

Happy New Year from Saint Petersburg, Russia! We met it 2 hours ago and the people continue to celebrate with the beautiful fireworks. I wish everyone to have healthy peaceful friendly and fun year. Thank very much, Linda, for making us happy with your blog. Love ❀️, blessings and abundance! πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ₯‚

• Linda Hartong / Jan 1 2018 9:04 pm

Thanks for your comment. So great we can communicate over long distances so easily. Hope you have a healthy and happy new year.

9. JFaulk / Jan 1 2018 8:13 pm

Such beautiful inspiration! Thank you for your posts- always a delight!

10. Nina / Jan 3 2018 1:20 am

Thanks Linda. Another gorgeous place. Love it.

11. Pamela / Jan 5 2018 4:16 am

I love Carmel By The Sea ❀ Not being able to live there, it's so wonderful to receive pictures and information. Feels a little like spending time with an old friend who just happens to live there πŸ™‚ Thank you so much Linda for taking the time to post and making my day !