November 25, 2017 / Linda Hartong

Chez Jo

As I stroll to the beach, I often admire Chez Jo.

Chez Lo

I like the landscaping so much that I clip it out with photoshop and try it in front of my own little cottage. You know what they say about imitation and flattery. But this lovely landscape belongs right where it is.

The front is a symphony of green, silver and gray. Potato Vine thrives on the fence and arbor.

Chez Jo

I peek through the gate and see the lovely arched door set in Carmel Stone.

Huge red roses club the trellis.

This house gets lots of sun during the day and the plantings love it.

Chez JO

There is also a side fence adorned by a jaunty planting.

IMG_2873 (1)

Bacopa and red petunias spill out of the window box.

The front garden is lush.

Back to the front and up the hill to home.

Chez JO

Chez Jo is charming

1. Lorrie Denning / Nov 25 2017 10:06 pm

Beautiful! I wonder who Chez Jo is named after.

2. Claire Claise Hammerbeck, Denver, Do. / Nov 25 2017 11:41 pm

Hi Linda, Such beauty and you managed to capture it and share with us. Thank you. Being a French gal myself, I really had to smile at the little “Bonjour” sign….I would add to you, Merci !

3. Annie Westlake / Nov 26 2017 12:01 am

The beauty never ends in the fairy-tale town of Carmel-by-the-sea!

4. Peggy / Nov 26 2017 12:15 am

I loved the quiet little stroll around this charming cottage. Thank you.

5. Joyce / Nov 26 2017 1:42 am

I love that blossom covered fence

6. dolphindigs / Nov 26 2017 2:01 am

Charmant!

7. Donna / Nov 26 2017 7:03 pm

Thank you for sharing your photos and commentary. Every time I see your post, I feel the cool breeze of Carmel – which is very nice here in TX. Wish we could grow such lovely flowers here…..

8. Diane Schrader / Nov 26 2017 10:05 pm

Love Love Love….Thank You….Hope you and yours are doing well…So Happy you are back XO

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Once upon a time..Tales from Carmel by the Sea wrote:

> Linda Hartong posted: “As I stroll to the beach, I often admire Chez Jo. I > like the landscaping so much that I clip it out with photoshop and try it > in front of my own little cottage. You know what they say about imitation > and flattery. But this lovely landscape belongs right” >

9. Nina / Nov 29 2017 3:04 am

A dream cottage. So beautiful. Thankyou

10. Lauren C Banner / Dec 6 2017 8:51 pm

I really enjoy your posts. I was hoping to repost and share this on a FB site I run. And, I wanted to know if there are legal issues with taking pictures of others homes? Just wanted to be sure before I shared your fine word.

• Linda Hartong / Dec 6 2017 11:16 pm

You may repost. These photos were taken on public property