December 8, 2013 / Linda Hartong

CHRISTMAS IN CARMEL

Join me for a stroll around Carmel-by-the Sea. Signs of Christmas are everywhere.

Wreaths hang gaily on my neighbor’s door and gate.

At Grasing’s – Carmel by the Sea Restaurants and Carmel Dining

And {Welcome to Salumeria Luca, Italian Deli & Bakery}

The lobby of  {Pine Inn, Carmel – Elegant Full-Service Carmel Hotel – pineinn.com‎} glows with its mellow wood tones, tree

And fireplace

The Nutcracker guards the Cypress Inn – Carmel

The La Playa prepares to be on the Inns Of Distinction tour. Luxury Hotels in Carmel California | La Playa Carmel – Photo Gallery …

Carmel Plaza fills its courtyard with Poinsettia

And more cheer is found in its shops.

Of course Kris Kringle in Doud Arcade is always ready.

The  Cottage of Sweets looks delicious. Cottage of Sweets – Carmel’s Candy Store Since 1959

Cafe Carmel takes such pride in their window displays. I never tire of all the goodies so beautifully presented.

CAFE CARMEL Carmel-By-The-Sea

Lula’s Chocolates offers free samples.Lula’s Chocolates: The finest and freshest Gourmet Chocolates

Whittakers has never looked so inviting and organized for the holidays. Whittakers of Carmel – Whittakers of Carmel

Nancy’s MidValley florist is packed with Poinsettia.

Nancy’s Mid Valley Florist: Carmel florist – flowers Carmel, CA, 93921

But my favorite displays are in Carriggs of Carmel. Under new ownership, Sheree, is making her presence felt. She is standing by the door greeting customers when I walk in and graciously gives me permission to photograph her treasures. Be sure to stop in here in any season. She carries unusual furniture. I particularly admire her case goods.

And a stop at the Church of the Wayfarer reminds me that there is,beneath all the festive glitz and glamour, the true message of Christmas.

Merry Christmas from Carmel!

Linda

1. lynn momboisse / Dec 8 2013 9:38 pm

‘Tis the season – blessed Advent Linda!!!

2. Inspired and pretty / Dec 8 2013 10:14 pm

A very beautiful post Linda, I enjoyed it a lot ! Everything is so beautiful !

3. jeanne / Dec 8 2013 10:16 pm

I continue to thoroughly enjoy your CARMEL posts!! Thank you.
    Merry Christmas!!!!!!!
    Jeanne

4. Mary Thurston / Dec 8 2013 10:32 pm

All gorgeous. Did the Cottage of Sweets used to be Hansel and Gretels?

5. Carol / Dec 8 2013 10:45 pm

You’ve captured some of my favorite places in Carmel. Can’t wait to get down there for Christmas. Our tree is already up, and waiting for gifts to be placed under it. And for friends to gather around it. Hope to see you over the holidays!

6. Evie Hough / Dec 8 2013 11:23 pm

Love, love, love all your tours through Carmel. I was there years ago and it was one of my favorites areas. Thank you so much for this beautiful Christmas post.

7. Von / Dec 8 2013 11:59 pm

Beautifully captured Linda…as always! Thanks for sharing. Love the Santa shots! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

8. Donna Kohler / Dec 9 2013 2:44 am

Beautiful! Thank you Linda and so nice to end with the real reason for Christmas, so often lost. Your posts are always so interesting. We love Carmel and often go on day trips from Fresno.

9. Tammy / Dec 9 2013 4:34 am

I really enjoy visiting Carmel through your blog. You share such beautiful photos it makes me feel like I’m really there. Have a very merry Christmas.

10. John Smith / Dec 9 2013 5:39 am

I’m drooling for some of those sweets and home-made fudge! The stained glass pictures were very soothing! Merry Christmas. Michael

Sent from my iPhone

11. ReneeJ / Dec 9 2013 5:55 pm

You captured the Holiday beauty of this enchanting village. It’s magical…..that’s all one needs to say.