October 25, 2013 / Linda Hartong

“WHOLE LOTTA SHAKIN’ GOIN’ ON” — CONCERTS IN CARMEL @ CARMEL PLAZA

It is a summer evening. I am in Carmel for several weeks before my family arrives. I have photographs to take and research to do for the blog.

I am winding up my work and decide to cut through Carmel Plaza on my way home. All is quiet as I start in the west entrance. And then I hear snippets of conversation, musicians tuning up, and the clink of glasses.

I round the corner and see the banner:

Concerts In Carmel.

Fridays : 5-7PM

Live Music

People are starting to gather

Table and are set up and chairs are tipped to reserve for friends.

Everybody and their dogs are here.

The Band is getting comfortable

This is The Money Band

Steve Mosley on Guitar

Mike Kobrinsky on Drums

Zoe Alexander – lead Vocals

and

Michael Chatfield on Bass

I can listen and dance for free!!!

Or for $15.00 buy the food and drink package and taste local wines ( this week -De Tierra Vineyards)

and sample appetizers from local gourmet restaurants ( this week-400 Gourmet Burgers and Fries).

This years events run through July 26- September 27

I make my way up the stairs to the second level to take some  bird’s- eye view shots. The railing is crowded but I spot a tiny space next to a tall man and know I will not spoil his view. I slip under his arm and start snapping photos. He asks if I am getting some good shots, so I feel compelled to tell him I am doing it for my blog. “You are my neighbor”, he says with a grin on his face. His wife,Heather, reaches over and gives me a hug. She follows my blog. What fun.

I stroll around the upper level. It is a crowded.

The Money band starts playing “Whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on” made popular by Jerry Lee Lewis.

“Come over baby

whole lot of shakin’ goin’ on

Yes, I said come over baby

baby you can’t go wrong

We ain’t fakin’

Whole lot of shakin’ goin’ on

Easy Now

(lower)

Shake it Ahhhh…

Shake it babe

Yeah…. You can shake one time for me

Well I said come over baby

Whole lot of shakin’ goin’ on

Now lets get real low one time now

Shake baby shake

All you gotta honey is kinda stand in one spot

wiggle around just a little bit

thats what you gotta do yeah….

Oh babe whole lotta shakin’ goin’ on”.

Oh my gosh this is fun. Toes and fingers tap, booties shake and people sing and dance.

The sets include lots of my favorites like:

Hound dog

Wooly bully

Wild Thing

I feel good

Garden Party

Born to be wild

I stay till the last song is played and then boogie home with a bounce in my step feeling ever so much younger.

Next week I bring my family to hear

Red Beans & Rice | The Best Blues Band in Monterey Bay

They are great too. We get reservations at Bistro Beaujolais in the Plaza and eat under the heat lamps as we listen.

“Concerts in Carmel @ Carmel Plaza” Carmel Chamber of Commerce Carmel, CA

“Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty

What would life be?

Without a song or a dance what are we?

So I say thank you for the music” – ABBA

1. jeanette sclar / Oct 25 2013 9:19 pm

Sometimes the best surprises really are a surprise!

2. Paulette Kinney / Oct 25 2013 9:24 pm

This was a fun read ! I miss Carmel so much ….. thanks so much for blogging the happy things 🙂 xx, Paulette

3. Cheryl Swarthout / Oct 26 2013 2:39 am

If I were not living right now in Harbor Springs, MI, I would probably be incredibly envious. I’ve been reading your blog for a couple of years now. I even came out and spent a week there with an old friend, My family is in the midwest, so I have done the next best for us. We pulled the trigger and, very deliberately, decided to buy up here. We are giving ourselves a full four seasons here to decide if it is going to be our full time home. We do have Michigan winters to contend with!

Thank you for all of the inspiration to live in the surroundings that speak to you. Cheri

springs, M

4. Michael Smith / Oct 26 2013 3:42 am

Goodness gracious great balls of fire! The killer is still popular! The canine group seem to be enjoying as well. Michael

5. Sandy Mansfield / Oct 26 2013 5:51 pm

How fun!
    I was smiling throughout the whole thing. I especially enjoyed being able to people-watch vicariously through your camera lens. (It was fun trying to pick out the tourists from the locals).

You truly have become the Eyes, Ears and Voice of Carmel, Linda.
    Great post!

6. maryj / Oct 28 2013 1:21 am

Love your post. Thanks for sharing the fun.

7. Betty / Oct 29 2013 12:54 am

A great post! Nothing like a bit of rock-and-roll to set toes tapping or dancing. Lots of fun, good food and good music. Thanks for putting me in a happy mood. Just wish I were there:)
    Betty