December 11, 2012 / Linda Hartong

MON AMIE – IN THE COURT OF THE GOLDEN BOUGH

When I do my blog on the Court of The Golden Bough, I discover Mon Amie- deep in the heart of the courtyard.

I photograph the signs at the court’s entrance,

the area behind the Cottage of Sweets, and Jane Austin at Home. I notice an archway inviting me on.

On the wall ahead I see this sign and meander on into the court.

Aha! This is the consignment boutique my Sister-in-Law and Niece have been raving about. It is closed today.

I love the ivy cascading over the balcony. The owner has created a sweet little garden in the shallow bed beneath her shop’s windows.

Potted plants,

Water bowl for dogs,

And a watering can add lots of charm.

I love the trellis at one end.

All showing pride of ownership.

Even though the shop is closed today I will come back.

The next visit, the shop is open , the dutch door invitingly open and a large Oriental Carpet sets the stage.

I am greeted by Kimberly Adams Gere the store owner

and her dog Ruby.

The interior is well-organized and well merchandised.  The items are clean and in good shape.  The prices seem fair for their quality.   It has an upscale boutique feel.  I noticed mostly updated styles and brands, but there were some vintage items too.

This is definitely more of a boutique than a typical consignment shop!  I adore how the owner has so tastefully set up her treasures and it’s clear that she is very selective in what she accepts.

The dressing room makes use of an iron headboard

And vintage coat rack.

Beneath the shoes neatly lined up on the shelf, is an upholstered bench on which to sit while trying on.

Displays are artful and eye-catching.

Organization rules the shop. Scarves with scarves,

Jewelery neatly arranged.

Tres chic!

I have never seen the shop without shoppers.

Kimberly accepts clean, well-pressed, fragrance free items purchased within the last two years, or items that have timeless appeal that lasts a lifetime.

She steams, inspects, renews and tags items and they are ready to sell the day they come in.

Merchandise does not linger here.

When you next shop in Carmel, take time to visit this little treasure-trove.

Mon Amie Women’s Consignment Boutique, Carmel CA

1. KATHYSUE / Dec 11 2012 3:55 pm

I will definitely stop by next visit to Carmel. You always show us so many hidden treasures, I love that about your blog.
    xo Kathysue

2. Karen / Dec 11 2012 4:39 pm

This shop is worth checking out each time you’re in Carmel! The sister-in-law!

3. Lexie / Dec 11 2012 7:14 pm

This court years ago was home to very special shops and a place of meaning to my elderly Mom . We always stopped here on the bench to reflect what it used to be and times gone by with this courtyard. I have photos of this courtyard in its various stages from the 40’s forward. A lovely large oak tree was removed years ago that was a shame. I adore her cute shop.

4. Kimberly Adams Gere / Dec 11 2012 10:25 pm

What a wonderful surprise to find this exemplary little story on my store! Thank you so very much Linda for the lovely pictures and quips about me and Mon Amie! It gives me such joy to meet such gracious people such as yourself. Wishing you the best for a bright New Year.

Consign of the Times!

5. Annie Westlake / Dec 13 2012 6:47 am

I love this shop. I bought a lovely vintage pin there last month and will definitely return.

6. Anonymous / Dec 15 2012 3:06 am

~ Janet

7. jeanette sclar / Dec 17 2012 7:47 pm

Hello blogger! For reasons I cannot explain, I didn’t realize you were blogging…..have missed you on Flickr, though I don’t post as often as I used to! I had forgotten how beautiful the little landscape touches are everywhere in Carmel!

8. Bob Beck / Apr 26 2013 6:35 am

great looking shop. I will make a visit. thanks for a great photo tour.

• Kimberly Adams Gere / Apr 26 2013 6:11 pm

Hello Bob. Thanks for popping by the blog. I look forward to your personal visit sometime soon!
      Yours in style,
      Kimberly

9. Jack Adams / Aug 14 2013 7:42 pm

That’s my beautiful , talented daughter’s place