June 9, 2011 / Linda Hartong

POSSIBLY THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED HOME IN CARMEL

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. This wonderful home on Scenic with its ocean views is possibly the most photographed home in Carmel.  I have tried over the years to get some good shots of this  home and could not do it justice. So I am thrilled to find that it is now listed “for sale” with some wonderful photos taken by the realtor .

Scenic Ave. runs above Carmel Beach and is a bee hive of activity. As I walk along this street I have gorgeous views of the ocean and Pebble Beach to the west

and gorgeous views of unique homes to my west.

If you live on Scenic, you have only to walk across the street to the beach.  Scenic Rd 3 NE Santa Lucia Avenue presents its side to the street.  Built in 1956 and remodeled in 1996, it has 3 bedrooms and 3 baths in the main house .  Until I see the listing, I am unaware of this private courtyard

with a Carmel stone fireplace and even a 1 bedroom, 1 bath guest house.

The living room, family room ,dining and kitchen have a wonderful flow.

I love the mirrored doors in the bedrooms

and the rounded doors into the rooms.

Gosh, I wish I could keep my throw pillows plumped up like this,

What picture perfect window seats.

The master bedroom also has a fireplace

as does one of the guest rooms.

And those lovely bathrooms. I love the window in this one

and the door in this one.

As for the heart-shaped cut-outs in the gates, I guess home is where the heart is.

This home has an asking price of $5,950,000. What do you think. The oven is “self-cleaning”

Scenic 5 SE 13th